Wednesday 27 August 2014

Recipe - White Chocolate Rocky road






This is my absolute favourite treat when i want something quick & easy but that really delivers on flavour. It's a definite hit with all my friends and family too. It also just looks amazing and is great to give as a gift.

Ingredients:

500g White chocolate (my favourite to use is milky bar but you can use any)



250g Natural confectionary company jelly snakes (or jelly sweet of your choice)

1/2 Cup desiccated or shredded coconut

1 1/2 Cups pink & white marshmallows

60g Pistachio kernels & 1/2 Cup dried cranberries

Method:

Line a 21cm x 21cm square brownie/cake tin with baking paper or use a silicone one.
Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of gently simmering water or in the microwave.  
Chop your snakes into inch long pieces and cut your marshmallows in half. Lightly chop the pistachios.
Gently toast the coconut in a frying pan on a low heat until slightly browned.
stir in all the chopped ingredients into your melted chocolate until everything is coated, then pour the mixture into the prepared tin or silicone and press the mixture down to fill all the gaps and corners.
Refrigerate until set.
Cut into bite size chunks.

EAT!

Thanks for reading.

Gem 



3 comments:

  1. Right I will be neeeeeeeeding this at Christmas pleeeeeeease!! And it's a great idea to give as a gift, I think my friends will be receiving some this year for sure!
    YUM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great gift Hannah...box, ribbon...done! Just remember to of course test out the product first ;) wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your comment on ViviannaDoesMakeup about your sweet tooth and BAM, first thing I see is this amazing recipe! I'll have to try it out, looks delish
    I'm so glad having found your blog, I really like it
    xx
    www.thefunkypath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete