Wednesday 10 September 2014

Top 5 Nail for All Seasons

From Left: Orly Harmonious Mess, Chanel April, Crabtree & Evelyn Sky/Blue Pastel , Butter London Marrow, Butter London Sprog
With Spring just dawning here in the Southern Hemisphere and the first signs of Autumn showing in the North I contemplated my top 5 nail colours for those tricky transitional months where the weather has not quite made up its mind. 



First up is Orly Harmonious Mess, this a stunning lavender colour and the formula of Orly polish is great, really opaque and a smooth finish. I also use Orly Bonder base coat. 
Next up is Chanel...need I say more? The shade April is a stunning muted, almost cloudy berry colour, quite difficult to portray in the swatch but in the flesh...stunning! 
Crabtree & Evelyn are fairly new nail polish discovery for me but they do not disappoint. This sky blue is the perfect fresh clean spring shade but I think they can also be carried through to Autumn and winter due to the cool undertone and crisp clean colour. 
Butter London Marrow is the darkest of my selection  but still colourful enough to wear in those awkward transitional seasons, it's a great neutral purple shade that looks super chic on all skin tones. 
Finally Butter London Sprog, a bluer, less pastel version of Orly Harmonious Mess, reminds me of cool calm waters or autumn shower rain drops.

I'd love to hear what your top nail colours are for all seasons, please leave me a comment!

Thanks for Reading

3 comments:

  1. Another great post!! I need to try the Butter London Sprog colour it's lovely!! I have three shades I wear all year round; Essie in Bahama Mama...it's a deep pink plum colour which looks fab whatever the weather; Butter London in Come to Bed Red....a classic red, and Laura Mercier in Lavender Cloud......I love the name for a start and its a pretty lilac grey so if I want a paler nail that's what I go for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post,dear! :))
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies.Great tips. I shall be investing in some good quality autumn inspired nail polishes a.s.a.p. Great blog Gem xx

    ReplyDelete