Sunday 19 October 2014

My Autumn/Winter Lips

Lancome L'absolu Rouge in 131

Hi Guys!!

So I know I'm cheating a bit here as it is certainly NOT Autumn in Australia at the moment, although today you might  be fooled into thinking it is, we have thunder and rain and yesterday we had hail the size of marbles! Anyhoo, it's spring here but I'm getting myself all excited for my return to the UK in December and a cheeky little trip to NYC so I decided to have a play around with my favourite berry lips. 

From Left to Right: NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk, Lancome L'absolu Rouge in 131, Nars Velvet Matte Lip pencil in Damned, Boots 17 Lasting Fix Lipstick in New Black, Kiko Ace of Diamonds Lipstick in 27.

From Left to Right: NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk, Lancome L'absolu Rouge in 131, Nars Velvet Matte Lip pencil in Damned, Boots 17 Lasting Fix Lipstick in New Black, Kiko Ace of Diamonds Lipstick in 27.
First up NYX and Lancome are both a sheeny finish but still super long lasting on the lips. The coverage can take a bit of work to get even due to the slippy but highly pigmented formula but I don't worry that these colours will end up half way across my face by the end of the day. NYX looks a lot darker and more purple in the bullet but is a bright blue toned pink with a hint of purple and Lancome is a rich Bordeaux red.
Next up the only true matte in my berry collection and one that I went to the ends of the earth to get my hands on, Nars Velvet Matte in Damned. It seems this shade from the collection is limited to certain countries. I got mine from America in the end. It's a stunning blue toned purple that really makes green eyes pop and once this stuff is on, its on. It's pencil applicator makes it really easy to do corrections with no need for liner. It's not too drying on the lips but you do want to ensure they're in tip top condition if you plan on sporting the super matte lipstick as any flakes or lines will be accentuated.


























Boots 17 New Black is a super bold colour to wear full strength so I tend to smudge this one out or dab on with fingers Lisa Eldridge style. Sheered out this colour is purply pink with black undertones so super striking and a nod to the inner goth. Again the formula is super long lasting and has a satin finish.
Kiko Ace of Diamonds Lipstick in # 27 is my most recent purchase. My biggest enabler Viviannadoesmakeup worked her magic on me again. It's another great shade for green eyed gals.

Boots 17 in New Black dabbed on with fingers.






















Let me know your top Autumn/Winter shades in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading!

Gem :)




1 comment:

  1. Hello sexy sexy!! Well after my lovely sister sent me the Nars Velvet Matte pencil in Damned I have loved it!!!! It's such a gorgeous colour and I'm going to try out wearing it with a gloss over the top too!! I also have a lovely Kiko Luscious Cream lippy in 'Rubellite' which is a great pinky plum shade and it's sooooo creamy I love it :)

    ReplyDelete