Sunday 5 October 2014

The Only Black Eye Pencil You'll Ever Need



























Hi Readers!

So....great news! I have finally completed my mission to find THE BEST black eye liner. I wanted something that was truly black, easy to work with, soft and blend-able, has staying power and wouldn't transfer from my water line.

Well by golly I think I've found it...

I have a fellow beauty blogger to thank for this discovery. Sharon from Sharon The Makeup Artist blog has used this eyeliner many times in her Youtube makeup tutorials but I was working my way through a vast collection of black liners already, testing and trialing and none of them were coming up to scratch, all absolutely fine for smudging in a smokey eye etc but none of them had the staying power when it came to tight lining that upper water line. They would all sting my eye when applied and therefore eventually transfer onto the bottom water line due to the fact that my eyes were watering so insanely.

So finally I decided to listen to the expert and I purchased the Eye of Horus Goddess Smokey Eye Pencil. Eye of Horus products are made with natural ingredients and designed for people with sensitive eyes or those who prefer to use natural products that are paraben free and not tested on animals.


Top: One swipe, no smudge. Bottom: One swipe smudged
I got absolutely no stinging with this eyeliner, no tearing or sensitivity at all and its the smoothest formula, a pleasure to apply and super comfortable to wear. it leaves no gritty feeling behind i your eye and caused no redness or irritation in the slightest. Along with all that fabulousness, it has staying power that you will not believe (will definitely require a good oil based cleanser to remove) and is truly black. its a matte finish with no glitter or shimmer in sight so a really natural look can be achieved or alternatively its buildable (for a short time, so work quickly!) and blendable for a vamped up smokey eye effect. You can use the blender sponge tip on the other end of the pencil for quick smudging. It also dries with a good amount of flexibility so you don't get and cracking when it sets as you can see from the swatch below.

Top: Several swipes built up, no smudge. Bottom: several swipes built up and smudged.





























Overall I'm more than impressed with this eye pencil and couldn't recommend it more and since dicosvering this I will definitely be trying some other products from the Eye of Horus range.

If you have a holy grail eye pencil I should know about please let me know in the comments!

Thanks for Reading!


1 comment:

  1. That's brilliant. I've been looking for a good eyeliner too, I think this one will be a new addition to my make-up bag xxx

    ReplyDelete