Sunday 26 October 2014

Pop of Colour: Eye Makeup Look


Hi Guys

So it's sunday morning and my creative juices were flowing as I remembered my recent Kiko Cosmetics delivery. I thought I'd have a play with my favourite product from the bunch, Kiko Long Lasting Stick 8hr No-Transfer Eyeshadow (longest name ever!) in # 31, and create a fun but simple eye look for a night out, or in my case, a Sunday in. The Kiko Long Lasting Stick in 31 is a stunning cornflour blue with electric pink undertones that show through when the light hits it. Its such an unusual colour and I couldn't wait to try something out with it.


For base I used the This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle to even out my skin tone and give myself a little colour, I took that over the face and down the neck.
To cover any redness (I have a rudolph nose) I mixed a little of the This Works Skin Miracle and some Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage on the back of my hand and used a large flat concealer brush to apply to areas that needed it.
I then used the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in 004 Sunkissed cherry for blush, blending that over the apples of my cheeks and up onto the temple a little to create some shape. For under the Eye I used the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. I then set the undereye with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder


I then moved onto the eye makeup. I started with the Kiko Long Lasting Stick and a pencil brush, coating the brush with the cream shadow stick I then applied it to the inner corner of the eye and out to the bottom lash line going about a third of the way across.
I then applied Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Liner to the top lash line all the way across finishing at the end of the lashes, no wing.
I then took the Kiko Cream Stick again and created a wing, continuing on from the Eyeko Liner, starting about a third of the way in from the outer corner. Be careful not to apply the Kiko Stick over the black liquid liner, you want to start it right on the line so the two join but do not overlap.
I then took the Eye of Horus  Goddess Smokey Eye Pencil in Black and tight lined the upper lash line and filled in the bare skin on the lower lash line, smudging out so it's not a sharp line. I also took a little onto the corresponding section of the water line and smudged with my finger to blend. I finished the look with lashings of Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara and coated the outer corner lashes with Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara for extra definition. You could apply false lashes to this look for extra wow factor, I'd recommend some half lash strips on the outer corner or some individual lashes applied only to the outer corner of the eye to keep that feline flick and elongated eye look.

I hope you like the look and let me know if you think you will have a go at recreating it! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and send me pictures if you do!

Thanks for reading

Gem x














1 comment:

  1. Great post ! Keep it up!

    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete